SUMMARY OF VERB TENSE
b. an activity generally in progress this week, month, or year
(1) She is seeing the doctor on Tuesday.
(2) He is leaving at noon tomorrow.
(2) I have lived in Seattle for one year.
(3) I have seen many movies.
b. An action that was repeated before now. The exact time of each repetition is not important.
c. An activity that began in the past and continues to the present.
(2) Miguel and Alexandra have been working at Cosco for two years.
(3) I have been thinking about looking for a new job.
(4) He has been sitting at his computer for three hours, so he is tired.
b. Shows a general activity in progress recently without a specific mention of time.
b. An action that was in progress at a certain time and that probably continued.
(3) Her hair was wet because she had been running in the rain.
b. An activity in progress that is recent to another time or activity in the past.